Blogging requires a lot hard work and dedication. You will need to have some reasons to be motivated to blog and spend many hours improving the content of your site, rather than pursuing other hobbies. That is why I encourage you to take a look at the points below that might encourage you even more to keep blogging. Here is the list:
1. Seeing the progress of your work. For example, whenever Google upgrades your Page Rank you might want to work on your blog a lot more, as it is a proof that your site is considered valuable. Seeing gradual progress can be very motivating.
2. Observing other bloggers progress with their blogs. Nobody wants to stay behind, and I am sure you do not want to as well. However, try not to view blogging as a competition, but rather a social activity. Blogging allows you to express yourself, and that is a reward in itself.
3. Having contact with others, and being part of the blogging community. Because you are a blogger, you can make new friends all around the world very easily. Some of them might be visitors to your site, whereas others will be fellow bloggers.
4. You can also be motivated to blog if you always wanted to do something creative. The articles that you are writing might exist for a very long time, and they represent who you are.
5. Having a popular blog with a lot of traffic and large number of comments can be very encouraging.
What is it that motivates you to blog?